Who we are and what we do
Testimonials - what those in the know say
Luxury Briefing is the business publication for the luxury industry. For 14 years we have provided invaluable monthly coverage of all sectors: fashion, accessories, beauty, jewellery, watches, hotels, restaurants, design and media.
Company information supplemented by interviews with key figures as well as articles and columns about all the aspects of luxury. The agenda for the next Luxury Briefing conference is in development and will be announced in July 2010.
The Luxury Briefing brand has recently been acquired by The Luxury Business Group; please see the two letters below for further details.
NEW OWNERSHIP FOR LUXURY BRIEFING
After 14 years of building Luxury Briefing into a successful business and respected brand name at the centre of the luxury industry, I felt it was time for me to hand over the reins. I am delighted to let you know that Luxury Briefing has been sold to The Luxury Business Group, which has some exciting plans for developing the company.
Although I will step back as Publisher, I will remain as a consultant to the business to offer advice and support. The Luxury Briefing publication will continue to be produced by our same excellent editorial team who will be based in London from the end of June. And we are working on some exciting plans for the next Luxury Briefing Conference which you will be hearing about shortly.
In the meantime, I would like to introduce James Reatchlous, owner of The Luxury Business Group, who is writing to you on the accompanying letter.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your support for me personally and I hope you will continue to enjoy the world of Luxury Briefing.
I wish James and the team continuing success.
EXCITING NEW TIMES FOR LUXURY BRIEFING
The Luxury Business Group is delighted to be taking Luxury Briefing on for the next phase of its existence and to allow the brand to realise even more of its potential. Having known James Ogilvy for some time, it is with great excitement that we have been entrusted with this unique resource for the luxury industry.
The Luxury Business Group, while being a new company, is bringing together a team of highly experienced professionals from different backgrounds within the luxury industry. By becoming part of The Luxury Business Group, the Luxury Briefing brand will now be able to greatly expand its horizons.
One of the first new developments is the relocation of the Luxury Briefing office to Chelsea, in London. We hope you will come and see us in our new headquarters and should you have any queries, please address them to:
The Luxury Business Group
11 Manresa Road
London SW3 6NB
T: 020-7871 1520
The publication will continue to be produced in-house by the same excellent editorial team and work is under way on a new concept for the next Luxury Briefing Conference, which will redefine what has now come to be expected from a luxury sector conference. This is the first of a number of new initiatives to be undertaken by The Luxury Business Group and Luxury Briefing, and we look forward to keeping you posted as these ideas are readied for launch.
In the meantime, I hope you continue to enjoy the publication and look forward to meeting you at the next Conference.
Quote of the week
- "Luxury Briefing is always a pleasure to read. It is well edited and filled only with interesting and relevant information and comment. Whilst primarily aimed at the luxury market, it is also relevant to the wider world outside." Sir Terence Conran
- "I subscribed for the very first issue of Luxury Briefing, but it never occurred to me that I would become so addicted. It is informative as opposed to opinionated, and I find this deeply refreshing. When all the journals are put on my desk, I read Luxury Briefing first." Gordon Campbell Gray, Owner, CampbellGray Hotels
- "Luxury Briefing is a must-read for anyone who wants to keep up with the latest trends and the industry news. It is visionary in its focus − looking at the luxury sector from many fresh perspectives including insights of start-ups, the wisdom of established players and the prophecies of cool-hunters." Natalie Massenet, founder, Net-a-Porter.com
- "Luxury Briefing is a radar for both the major movements and small blips that make a difference to our business. It is a vital navigation tool." Susy Korb, Creative CEO and Co-Founder, Nice Partners
- "Luxury Briefing is an indispensable publication for anybody interested in the prestige and quality market." Leonard A Lauder, Chairman, Estée Lauder
- "It is inspirational." Nadja Swarovski, Director, Swarovski
- "Subscribing to Luxury Briefing is not a luxury, it is a necessity." Sir Tim Bell, Chairman, Lowe Bell
- "I have read Luxury Briefing since issue one in 1996 − it is an indispensable source of information on the luxury sector. An added bonus is access to the conferences and seminars, which are also of the highest calibre and which provide excellent networking opportunities." Sir Anthony O'Reilly, Chairman, Waterford Wedgwood
- "Luxury Briefing is an indispensable publication for anybody who takes the luxury goods business seriously. It is only one of its kind and I am continuously impressed by the high quality of impartial reporting and inspirational commentary. It covers the essentials of the global markets, while bringing new angles and interesting stories into the equation." Lars von Bennigsen, CEO, Alice Temperley